Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hump Day!

HAPPY HUMP-DAY DOLLS!! 
Wednesday, or the hump of the week 
The absolute BEST day of the week, the day of maximum hope that maybe, you might make it out of this week alive. A particularly good hump day can last you the rest of the week, and by Doomday morning (Monday) you survive by anticipating hump day. Nothing goes wrong on hump day 
Most other days can be defined by hump day. Tuesday is the day before hump day. Thursday is one day after hump day. Except Friday is WOOOH!!! FREEDOM!!! Day, Saturday is Mostly Hungover day, and Sunday is PreDoom day. 
Hump day has nothing to do with sex. Unless one wants it to. I like to declare the existence of hump day just to see people's faces. Usually being conservative and all...

Out of the kindness of my heart, and as a 'thank you' to all my supportive blog followers/readers... I've decided I will share with you several deliciously great ideas that may add some spice to your everyday spin of events as a Hump Day special! :)

1. How to make your acrylics last longer: paint them!
Yes, paint over them. My acrylics have been one for a week & a half: they had grown out a tad and the acrylic stuff was starting to 'pop' off my real nail. I wasn't ready to part with them considering I paid $25 for the dang things! So, I picked my favorite shade of pink and painted over them, applying two coats and a clear top coat. My key was I avoided painting the area where the acrylic wasn't.. why? I figured having two different elevations of nail would look odd. 
Nothing to it. I received several compliments... I thought they looked pretty darn good myself!

2. Add some zest to Crescent Rolls: Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups! 
Needed- pepperoni, mozzarella cheese (in whichever form you prefer), crescent rolls (any brand will do I suppose), marinara sauce (for dipping)
*Unroll crescent rolls, flat
**top with 3-4 pepperoni's, half a slice/stick of mozzarella cheese
***roll up and smash (to keep from unrolling while baking)
****preheat and bake as directed on the crescent roll container 
ENJOY!! :)

3. Texture is Tasteful: Beyond the Zone Power Lift
Amazing volume spray foam! I added the note to pick some volumizing spray foam up at the store after watching Kate from  http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com 's video on how to style your bangs and apply aquage uplifting foam! Kate does amazing hairstyle tutorial videos, btw! She noted aquage was only sold at salons, not at drugstores. So, I figured the regular brand would a fine job for my needs! The Beyond the Zone Power Lift is a spray foam which you apply to your roots while your hair is still damp, then massage into your hair, blow dry and style! It gives your hair a wonderful texture to work with, along with a fabulous scent! I have officially added this to my list of favorite/essential hair products! Very inexpensive but does the trick! 
The link above will take you directly to Kate's video tutorial on how she applies her uplifting foam..which is identical to the way I apply mine! 


I hope if anyone tries the ideas I've posted above, they find them all successful and enjoyable! XOXO♥ Happy Hump Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!