Friday, September 28, 2012

Birthday Wishes & A Cupcake Tutorial


Today isn't just any Friday... It's my boy friend, Tyler's, 16th birthday!! You're sixteenth birthday is such a huge day in your life and I am so thankful I get to spend it with Tyler. In honor of his special day, I am giving you a special recipe! I made these last night and they were sooo amazing! I hope you're family and friends enjoy them as much as mine have!

My little cousin went bananas over these! 

*The brand names do not effect this recipe. I got the recipe from my iFood assistant app, which is a Kraft brand app, so that reflects the brands mentioned in the recipe. My photo of ingredients will indicate that I didn't stick to the recommendations. Cheaper= better (in my book)





Aren't they beauties? I thought so.
The decorative thingy around this cupcake came from Marshall's!


What You Need

1 pkg.  (2-layer size) spice cake mix
1cup  BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1can  (15 oz.) pumpkin
1/4cup  oil
3  eggs
1pkg.  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4cup  butter, softened
1tsp.  vanilla
1pkg.  (16 oz.) powdered sugar
1-1/2tsp.  ground cinnamon

Make It
HEAT oven to 350ºF.

BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer until blended; spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.

BAKE 20 to 22 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove from pans. Cool completely.

BEAT cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Blend in cinnamon. Spread over cupcakes.

SUBSTITUTE
Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.

HOW TO STORE
Store frosted cupcakes in refrigerator.


I hope you are drooling over this little cupcake as I was. The only thing to make it better would if I could have enjoyed a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks along with it... perfection♥

Have a wonderful Friday!


2 comments:

  1. umm. these look really yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!! I am your newest follower, found you through the giveaway! Would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a new follower. I really like your blog! Your cupcakes are supper cute. I found you through "I'm a southern blogger." I now know another NC blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!