Monday, October 29, 2012

My First 5K

As many of you know, I have been training to run a 5K since the beginning of August. Yesterday, I completed my first race with a time of 36:10! This was a personal record for myself based upon my training times. I also came in second in my age division, 15-19 years of age!


Best photo ever taken of my- said by no one!


I am in the green! To my left was my running buddy for this race, Tara. And to my right, in the rink, was my mom who joined me for the last leg of the race!



After I had finished the race! I was the 144th person to cross the finish line!

'
My medal, which congratulated me for coming in second place of my age group.

I feel so good to be able to say I completed my first 5K. I worked super hard and I am positive that this will not be my last!







2 comments:

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!